20 July, 2010

Axtell's Notes: July 20

Everything has been moving so slowly that I haven't been bothering to type up all I tried that didn't work. I've been working on Threshold v. PeakData and cleaning up BigGUI (Now called Buffet). We're working with PeakData right now, though that's not perfect yet (Tayloe's been doing more work on that, so look at her posts for more information.)

More importantly, Gregor and I have been working on getting a java Constant Q Transform method and yesterday we finally got the same numbers as the MATLAB method. Today we spent all day putting her code (Complex, Audio, DFT and CQT) and my code together. I also did major clean up of BigGUI, FFTGUI, and the graphers. I'm starting to rename classes more useful, updated names (eg. GraphSplitter is now Spectrogram). I made a class Transforms that is a combination of DFT and CQT. We're not sure which will be best, so we made both, and we'll test as we go.

I just got everything compiled and tried running Buffet. The DFT plots some points, but they are clearly wrong:

The Constant Q doesn't return anything as of yet. I hope to get this working tomorrow morning, so I can get the grapher working with CQT data by the end of the day. I'll also be updating the menu to incorporate Constant Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment